The American Association of University Women (AAUW) empowers women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. Our nonpartisan, nonprofit organization has more than 150,000 members and supporters across the United States, as well as 1,000 local branches and 700 college and university partners. Since AAUW’s founding in 1881, our members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW PLANO/COLLIN COUNTY (TX) BRANCH HISTORY
The AAUW Plano/Collin County (TX) Branch was first formed as the Plano satellite of the Richardson Branch in 1973. By the Spring of 1974 , a total of 63 charter members met to become the 99th Texas Division Branch of AAUW. A Champagne Celebration was held May 14, 1974, to mark the receipt of the Branch charter.
The purpose of this Branch shall be unite the alumnae of colleges and universities on the AAUW list of qualified institutions for practical educational work; to concentrate and increase their effectiveness in the community for the solution of social and civic problems; to participate in the development and promotion of the policies and programs of AAUW; to contribute to its growth and advancement; and to cooperate in its State and Regional Work.
To learn more about AAUW of Texas visit the AAUW of Texas website.