The American Association of University Women (AAUW) advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. AAUW believes that together we can transform society for the better.
The Heart of AAUW Plano/Collin County Is Our Scholarship Program
Over the past 40 years the Plano/Collin (TX) Branch has awarded over 200,000 in scholarships to more than 360 women of all ages who live in or attend college in Collin County. During the year we hold fundraising activities to pay for these scholarships. In 2019, the branch voted to award scholarships through Collin College.
We have activities every month — Branch Meetings, Book Club, Fundraisers and Out and About visits to local activities.
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
If you would like to learn more the program or AAUW, please contact Jacque Lytle, our membership officer at 972-732-1070 or email her directly on the Contact Us Tab. A membership application can be found on the Membership Tab.
Branch Meetings 2021-2022
- September 11, 2021 “Get Together” socialize, eat, and discuss
programs and plans for the year 2021-2022
- October 2, 2021 “City Services” –Speaker- Chaniece Small, live at
Saigling House and ZOOM
- November 13, 2021 – “Selected Professions Fellowships” Recipient,
Brooke Lopez, live at Saigling House and ZOOM
- December 11, 2021 – Get Together at Saigling House for “Holiday
- January 8, 2022– “Travel Plans in Today’s World” Presenter-Travel
Agent, Robin Smith, live at Saigling House and ZOOM
- February 12, 2022 “Voting in Texas” – Speaker, Bruce Sherbert, Collin
County Voting Administrator, live at Saigling House and ZOOM
- March 14, 2022—“Fun Brunch,” Café de France-Enjoy Brunch and have
a Live Auction for Scholarships
- April 8, 2022—Plans TBD
- April 29-30, 2022– State AAUW Convention in Hurst
- May 14, 2022 — “Mother’s Day Lunch” Chocolate Angel
Book Club Discussion Dates and Books
- 9/16/21 – Woman at a Thousand Degrees by Helligrimur Helgason
- 10/21/21 – Anxious People by Frederik Backman
- 12/2/21 – The Dig by John Preston
- 1/27/22 – State of Terror by Louise Penny
- 2/24/22 – This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- 3/24/22 – Fast Girls by Elise Hooper
- 4/28/22 – Surely You Are Joking by Richard P. Feynman
- 5/26/22 – The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
PAY EQUITY. AAUW is committed to closing the pay gap for women in the United States by 2030. AAUW has already taught 33,000 women to negotiate their salaries through our in-person AAUW Work Smart workshops. Our national office is completing work on a free online module that will train 10 million women in salary negotiation techniques by 2022.
ADVOCACY. AAUW’s Two-Minute Activist tool allowed AAUW members and supporters to send 270,000 messages to members of Congress to demand stronger, safer laws for women and girls last year. We continue our fight to uphold Title IX to ensure that women and girls have equal access to all fields and levels of education.
EDUCATION. AAUW is one of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women. Last year AAUW awarded $3.7 million in fellowships and grants to 250 women and community projects, expanding women’s potential and supporting their future promise.
Our Social Media presence is growing!